Friday, October 2, 2009

Adopted



After our first Sunday meeting when we had had 82, we were trying to decide if that was the most we had ever had for a regular Sunday meeting. Well this week we had 87, so we agreed that that was definitely a record.

Terri has always wanted to have a cat here. Last time we were here she even schemed to have someone bring a kitten by, but I reminded her that I had told her I didn’t want any pets here. This time, a cat wandered in on its own and Terri proceeded to feed it, so now it has adopted us. I guess that just shows Jehovah will provide the things you ask for (her, not me).

The heat here is oppressive, especially since we had gotten used to the unusually cool weather back in the states. Terri has tried to say that it is hotter now than before, but I can remember the heat when we first got here last year. One thing that helps is it cools down at night. In fact, Terri has had to sleep with a blanket the last few nights. Another thing that helps is spending the heat of the day under the house. The guys usually just stay on their side of the house. I can’t understand how they can deal with the heat. I guess they are just more accustom to it.

I have started digging more out from under the house. We had had just the first twenty feet dug out so we could use the space. I am going to dig the next twenty feet out as well. I had jokingly said I was doing that to make room for the Fischers when they returned. Terri corrected me and said it was for us, and the Fischers could have the space above, since the bottom area will be so much cooler.

Before we left we had given all our studies to other people. Now that we are back we have taken some back (the ones the Fischers had had). But not all, so we have been looking for more. Terri has already picked up five new ones. I started my first new one today. Stephan has suggested a few others I might approach. He said he had been holding back since they are with ‘older’ people.

I recently again heard the rumor that cell service will soon be coming to Matthew’s Ridge. We have been hearing that almost since we first arrived here last year. This time someone told me that it had been reported on the television in Georgetown, and as you know, if it was reported on television, it has to be true. I continue to say that I will believe it when I start getting service here on my phone. I had bought a signal booster before I came, but I tried it several places here and got no signal, so I sent it out with the Fischers to return. It had had a thirty day unconditional return on it.

This week’s pictures are of Terri with her cat and the project of digging out under the house.