Thursday, June 24, 2010

Goodbye… Again?























I know in my last posting about myself I had mentioned that I had an appointment with my oncologist on June 23rd and it was my hope that I could get a CT-scan just prior to that so I could have an idea if the things I was doing were having an effect at reversing the cancer. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get the doctor to order a CT-scan for me. He said that not enough time has gone by since the last one to give a real indication as to which way things are going. I was able to get him to schedule one in three weeks, on July 14th. I will have a CT-scan and then later in the day I will meet with him to discuss the results.

In the meantime I have been feeling fairly good. I have been trying to ride my bicycle everyday, and where we live there a quite a few hills, so it’s a decent workout. I was lamenting that I couldn’t know what was going on inside me, and my daughter told me that I shouldn’t worry so much about that, but rather should focus on the fact that I was having good days and be happy with that.

As you know from the last posting, Jonathan has had to leave Guyana, and he was the one who had been sending me updates to post up. I am happy to report that Andrew has been kind enough to offer to try and keep things going, so here is his first posting.

Recently we have experienced more changes. Governmental changes has allowed some to stay in Guyana, while for other it has caused them to leave. One of us brothers has just recently left Matthews Ridge due to these changes. It is amazing to stop and think about all that can happen in a short period of time. It is always best to leave things in Jehovah’s hands. We don’t exactly as of now understand how this is going to impact the work of foreign ones coming to serve in Guyana. Keep us in your prayers

Jonathon Brewster has left. He was the one keeping up the recent blog entries this far. I thought I would spend a little bit of time telling you about “Brother Bruce” or “John-O” as some would call him. He came to serve in Guyana for as long as his money would carry him. He also greatly encouraged the work and focused on his assignment here in Matthew’s Ridge. What a privilege it has been serve side by side our brothers wherever we find ourselves. Its funny we would always talk about how we don’t know what to talk about on the blog. He probably expected me to write about him. If things work out he may come back. Keep up the good work. We hope all continue to put Jehovah first in your life, especially you young ones.

We are still on rainy season. It is crazy when it starts raining, its like sometimes it does not want to stop. In the carib language you would say: “Konopo tashu’re” It means “rain fall heavy”. It makes getting around messy, but at the same time lots of fun. I also enjoy how everything is able to grow and be so green. We have also had some more greens and vegetables in our diet, which is always good. All thanks to Jehovah in our rain forest home. (Ps 65:9,10) Anyway that is all for now. Your pictures are of Jonathon and the roads after the rain. -Andrew