Friday, April 20, 2007

Getting short



As you can see, work is continuing on the new toilets, I think on more session of digging may have that part completed. I am doing this so I don't get out of shape for digging to uncover the top of septic tanks once I return to the states. The other picture is of a couple of young girls that Chelsea had had sleep over one night. As you can see, they have been trained well as to how to start their day.
Monday Compton and I took a bike and went out past Wauna to Black Watta. I had been there shortly after we arrived and had not finished the territory, so I wanted to finish the territory before we left. We met a woman out there who has a sister that’s a sister. She has gone to a few District Conventions with her in ‘town. While we were out there, a major downpour went through. But we were at the best call of the day sitting under a man’s house sharing scriptures. We were having a nice discussion, plus it was pouring so we didn’t want to go out, so we ate our lunches while we talked to him. It turned out he was a son of the woman who has the sister who is a sister. He told us before we left that we had spoken clearer to him than anyone one else he had ever talked with.

We finished the territory and then walked back out to where we had left the bike. Since it had rained so much, the ‘road’ which is all dirt was quite slippery. Driving back reminder me a lot of skiing, the way you are always trying to pick the best line to follow through all the bumps.

Andrew returned this week from Port Kaituma. He had stayed an extra week to help Richard there until the ones who had been in Matthews Ridge were able to close this down there and return to Kaituma. Paul & Sinead flew out of ‘town on Tuesday. Hopefully they will return in the end of September as planned.

I am a little concerned about the toilet we need to build before the Special Assembly Day program. Compton mentioned that the Forestry Service has placed a hold on all timber cutting because apparently there was so much illegal cutting going on. He said he had heard that they should be getting some lumber in ‘just now’. I just need to remind myself that this is for Jehovah, and he can certainly supple lumber. One week from Tuesday the Circuit Overseer and his wife arrive, as we are the host congregation for the SAD.

I told Terri that I had a hard time getting too motivated in the field ministry yesterday, since I know we are leaving soon, so there is no point in trying to start any studies, as we will have a hard enough time getting ones to take over the studies we have, since they all have their own studies to be taking care of.

I guess this was a little short, but then again that’s how I’m starting to feel as well.