Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Visitors


I am just writing up a short post as I am going to try to drive out to find a place where everyone goes from here to get signal. I’m hoping that my phone will be able to also get signal so we can send and receive emails easier than me having to go all the way to Kaituma. So if you are reading this, I guess I was successful.The biggest news here right now is visitors. Both received and anticipated. Krystal O’Keefe arrived safely here last Wednesday. She is really adjusting well and seems to be enjoying her visit. The young girls in the Hall really are loving her.Monday, she walked with Stephan and myself out to our farthest studies in the bush. It is an hour each way. So now she can definitely say that she has been in the jungles of South America.The other anticipated visitors are Bro. & Sis. Rainey, our Circuit Overseer and his wife. They are scheduled to arrive tomorrow morning and be with us until Monday. Bro. Rainey said he would help me with the annual pioneer meeting, so that should be a treat for those here. Especially since Krystal will be missing her meeting back in Warwick.I have completed closing off the wall between the two apartments, so we can no longer just talk over the wall as easily, but it does give the place more of a finished feel, although it is a far way from being finished. When Paul was here, he reminded me that I should be happy that there was so much work to be done on our living quarters, as this way I have been able to make it the way I want it, and it feels more like it’s mine.I have been really encouraging all my studies to come to the meeting this weekend to hear Bro. Rainey. I have been telling them it’s like the ‘Bishop’ is coming to visit Matthew’s Ridge. It will be interesting to see how many actually do come.I’m attaching a photo of Krystal in the jungle just so all her friends know that she really is here with us.