Sunday, February 1, 2009

Aletha's Entry
















I'm really slow in posting my own entry. I stayed with Jim and Terri in Guyana for 7 weeks in the months of October and November. I'm posting some of my favorite pictures taken during my trip. I loved the entire experience. I traveled down there on my own. I was a bit nervous about that in the beginning but it turned out to be fine. I enjoyed being able to meet Gary. When in Georgetown, I stayed with Sister Scott and her daughter Oneka. They are all wonderful. I loved personally seeing the closeness of Jehovah's organization worldwide. I was constantly meeting more witnesses that I instantly felt comfortable with. This trip also gave me more confidence. I am definately going back. I can't wait to see all my new found friends in Matthew's Ridge and Georgetown again. I encourage everyone who has the opportunity to make the trip to Guyana, to do so, as the experience was well worth it. One word of advice: Stay away from Terri's dish towels!
To explain the pictures: The first one is actually taken over my tackroom door in my barn. It was the sign that the guys made that welcomed me to Matthew's Ridge when I arrived at the air strip. As you can see, word about my love for horses travels worldwide.
The second is a picture of Me, Hannah, Cameron and Chian waiting for the plane ride into Matthew's Ridge.
The third is a picture of Terri trying to cut open a coconut by herself.
The fourth is a picture of me at Shandrena's before a study.
The fifth is Mary, Terri and Stephaney while in service.