Friday, January 5, 2007

We made it!!!

We are safely in Mabaruma. We arrived at the airport in Georgetown and Gary was there to pick us up. He mentioned that he had been ready to call to make arrangements for a place for us to stay and just as he picked up the phone to make a call, the phone rang and it was the branch calling to make sure he was picking us up the next day and bringing us to the branch. He said that I had recently contacted him to ask him to make arrangements since we hadn't gotten a response from the branch regarding our request. Brother Hazel said that he must have forgotten to notify us, but they were expecting us. We had an unexpected treat of being able to spend the night at the branch sleeping with AC which was great since Terri hadn't slept since she got us Wednesday morning.

This morning we got up and drove to the regional airport for our flight to Mabaruma. I flew to Mabaruma with a planeful of young chicks (literally).

So now we are here and will be staying in Will's small house in the back for the next few days until Will returns. We were sitting back there this afternoon watching a troop of monkeys leap from tree to tree and Terri mentioned that people pay thousands of dollars for a jungle experience like this.

I'm not sure how well this site is going to work, since our internet connection here is very slow. It may limit my ability to post pictures to the site, which I am not even going to try tonight (not that I have taken any pictures yet anyways.

I guess I will end it here and see if I can post it successfully, but I wanted to get something up to let everyone know were are here.