Monday, March 19, 2007

Mark 10:28-30


I don’t have much in the way of news worthy events to report on. I did decide to post up a picture of Terri so all would see that she in fact is doing fine. She had been complaining of a very stiff neck the last few days which had me concerned, since my dengue fever had started with a bad headache, which in my case had felt like it was coming from very tight neck muscles. But Terri’s hasn’t seemed to progress to the fever, so we have decided it may be the result of spending too much time in a hammock (the we being everyone except Terri).

Terri went with me again to Kobarimo this Friday. We found more of our people home, and we found one woman who I had met the first time I went there with Compton who had expressed an interest in studying the bible. Her name is Dorothy. She had told Christina that she would study with her in Kumaka on Tuesdays, but Christina didn’t see her after that. I told Dorothy that we were coming to Kobarimo Fridays and we would bring something with us next week which we could study from, so we will see if she’s there next week. We will also try and cover the territory with the Memorial invitation next Friday. This was the third week in a row we have taken the same canoe and had it be there waiting for us when we return. Getting into it can be a little tricky since it’s so low in the water, but once we (I) get in and settled, it goes well.

After my study with Rocky this week, he asked me if I thought Jehovah knew that Adam and Eve would disobey. So we talked about the gift of free will which he created us with, but I also reasoned with him on whether Jehovah would have set things in motion if he absolutely knew that Adam and Eve were going to make the choice they did. That would mean that Jehovah was responsible for all the bad things that have happened ever since. Rocky ended up saying that it was probably rather foolish for him, as part of the creation, to be second-guessing Jehovah, the creator, which I felt was very insightful on his part.

I know the winter is continuing to hang on, but take heart, better weather is coming, whereas all we have to look forward is even hotter weather.